Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio

I'm pretty sure that other than sleeping, most of my time this summer has involved watching soccer. I've loved it for years. I've had a fantasy Premier League team every year since I graduated high school. I have multiple jerseys from my few favorite teams. I have 3 Chelsea FC scarves to my name. I got wayyyy too excited for the World Cup this year.
Well...no matter which way you slice it: Calcio, Futbol, Football, or Soccer...I'm a big loser. I'm a soccer nerd.

Today I reached a new low. I sat around for over an hour and watched the UEFA Champions League groups be drawn just so I could see who Chelsea would have to play. (In case you cared it is Olympique Marseille, Spartak Moskva, and MSK Zilina) Most people just look it up online, or hear about it after they get off work, when it's all done with because it's a borderline waste of time. CORRECTION: Huge waste of time. They just draw names and numbers out of little Easter egg looking soccer balls until every team is in a group. Well...I watched the whole dang thing.

Wow...if I have learned anything from this today, it is this: I need a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment