Crazy Greek

Many Richmonders think I'm crazy for having gone this long without it...but I just hadn't heard of it before, ok?! Get off my back. The Crazy Greek is a restaurant staple in Richmond.

When I went to school in Harrisonburg, there was a "Greek" restaurant that had an awesome rooftop and cheap drinks and decent food. I wouldn't really call them Greek though just because they made a pretty good gyro.

After eating at The Crazy Greek, I think that restaurant in Harrisonburg is a joke compared to it. I've now eaten at The Crazy Greek twice: the first time with Sean, getting a gyro with fries, and the second time with my lovely girlfriend, getting pastichio/patitsio and a Greek beer. The gyro was delicious with fresh green crunchy lettuce, a juicy tomato slice, juicy lamb, and some of the best tzatziki sauce I've had. Yet, the pastichio is what really blew me away. It is essentially Greek lasagna, and it is good at The Crazy Greek. The noodles at the bottom were delicious and cooked perfectly. The beef was fantastic and was definitely cooked in some special kind of sauce that I couldn't place, but it was spectacular. The top layer was a fantastic creamy sauce that was binding it all together as a perfect meal. I finished my meal, was absolutely stuffed, yet considered ordering another just to take it home. Yet, to polish it off and wash it all down, I took the last few swigs of the amazing Alpha beer that I ordered.

So, overall The Crazy Greek has a delicious menu, catering to Italian and Greek specialties for us picky Americans, serves a good selection of beers, and has a good environment (despite one REALLY awkward waiter). While I'd say it definitely isn't the most Greek restaurant you can find, it definitely serves up some amazing food. They know what they're good at, and they're good at food over at The Crazy Greek. So, any time you're in Richmond, I strongly recommend you hit them up. Enjoy!

PS: Good luck finding their official website. It doesn't seem to exist.


If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment