SotM: 3/29/11

Though it is technically the 30th now by 33 minutes, I consider this the 29th because I meant to blog about it on the 29th. Thanks to my friend Jess Lonett, I have a FANTASTIC song for you all. She emailed me about this song, suggesting it for one of my SotM jams, so I quickly wrote it down, then forgot about it. I came back to it a few days later, wasn't sure why I had written that down, listened to the song, loved it, and forgot all about Jess helping me find it. Sorry! Well, credit given now.

This song comes from a band that was formerly known as The Jakes. They won a contest to open for Kings of Leon, had a song of The Real World, and other cool stuff like that. They put out an album in January, released this tune as the first single off the album, and I'm wowed, that's for sure. In 2010 they toured with Minus The Bear (My Time was a past SotM) and Steel Train (fantastic band, I need to blog more of their stuff). This year they played SXSW and have been gaining some recognition and fame for such a "new" indie band. This song comes to you now from Young the Giant, bringing you the...

Song of the Moment 3/29/11
My Body by Young the Giant






If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment