My Toys 2

A little over 2 months ago I posted about the gear and equipment I had. Well, here is the exact posting with updates made in bold. Enjoy my video nerdness!

"Recently, I've been trying my best to start collecting as much gear as I can. I want to try to have a good amount of decent video, audio, photo, lighting, video/photo editing, and special effects gear. So, here is a fun list I compiled of all my toys in my collection, with hopefully more stuff to come...which I could really use your help/advice on, if you can give any!

What I gots:

Camera/Video + Gear:
Canon 550d Rebel T2i (18megapixels & films in 1080i HD video)
18-55mm zoom lens
75-300mm zoom lens
8gb class 6 SDHC memory card
16gb class 10 SDHC memory card
32gb class 10 SDHC memory card
2 Canon LP-E8 batteries
Polarized filter
UV filter
2 lens cleaner kits
Canon carrying bag
Kalimar Tripod
(I got creative) 1 or 2 ankle weights that, when attached to the closed tripod, make a great flopod
Small round lens hood
Flower lens hood
MX 1000 tripod
mini tripod
bubble level/hot shoe cover
hot shoe adapter
Alzo 790L light (so far this seems to be the best bang for my buck out of everything I have)

Editing/Creating:
Final Cut Pro 7
Color
Motion 4
Compressor
DVD Studio Pro
Soundtrack Pro
PluralEyes
Celtx
The good ole iMovie/iDVD/iPhoto/Garageband combo of course
My trusty old Mac Book Pro OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard
500gb WD internal hard drive
500gb WD external drive
250gb (some random company) external drive
8gb flash drive
Adobe Illustrator CS5
Adobe InDesign CS5
Adobe Photoshop CS5

Audio:
Zoom H4n (version 1.60)
1gb SD card
4gb SD card
windscreen
Mic clip adapter
(I got creative again) Converted an old black Igloo lunchbox into a carrying case with compartments
I borrow a friend's Zoom H2 as well, when needed
And, as mentioned before: Garageband, PluralEyes, and Soundtrack Pro
Lame mono handheld mic
Lame lapel mic that I'm not even sure works (definitely doesn't work)
mini tripod (eBay)
16 rechargeable batteries
2 recharging stations (1 takes 8 hours the other takes 15 minutes)

Coming soon:
(already added above)
FireWire 400 (in the mail)
Video Hot Shoe L Bracket by Cowboy Studio (in the mail)

With these items, I want to buy them in the near future. I've been doing lots of eBay and Amazon searching, as well as reading customer reports...but I could use some help and recommendations if you've got any:
Camera flash (any suggestions?!)
Light Kit (Trying to keep it standard/simple and as cheap as possible with 2-4 lights. Recommendations?)
Green screen and stand (at least 10x20ft. Not vital, but would be useful! Recommendations?)
Tripod (these 2 tripods aren't great, so I'd like a new one hopefully, but nothing too expensive. Suggestions?)
Decent smoothcam/steadicam rig for DSLRs (I have no clue where to look!)
Battery grip for a longer lasting charge (video drains the batteries big time).
Lav mic (preferably wireless by Shure or Sennheiser)
Rode Videomic shotgun mic"


And that, my friends, are all my toys. If you have any suggestions or advice or questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Hope you enjoyed reading up on my video/audio/editing gear! I hope to keep adding to the collection and getting great gear! Take care my fellow video nerds!


If you would like to leave me recommendations or comments: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment