SotM: 3/30/11

I know I just posted a song about 12 hours ago, but I've got lots of songs on the list that need to get out there for you all to hear! I've also got a few movies to review too! I've also got a fun story to tell about my weekend filming my very first wedding!
For now though, I'll just give you a little bit of music. Today is Wednesday, and I remember a long time ago I used to give you multiple songs on Wednesday. I called it The Hump Day Combo Meal...

To help you get through "hump day" I've got a present for you. For your listening pleasure I'm going to throw at you the Hump Day Combo Meal. Get ready for greatness, folks.

Today I'm going to be giving you a little bit of hip hop and awesomeness, and yes, both are genres of music. The first song comes from an incredibly talented, yet controversial, artist who put this song out weeks ago and I've loved listening to it. Then, a few weeks ago I watched the video for the first time and my eyes may have melted slightly. You'll understand when you watch it too. Anyways, it features tons of great artists that he has meshed together to make one big old chorus of amazing voices. You can't pick many of them out, I've tried, but it's kind of creative the way he did it. He is a genius...no matter how much you dislike him.
The second song comes from a fantastic singer who I think I prefer solo. He was great about 4 years ago working as a duo with DJ Danger Mouse and cranking out great songs. Now, he's doing his own thing and it's hard to deny that he's making waves. This song I heard recently and then did some research to discover it's going to be his next single, getting released on April 11th! Get ahead of the game and listen now! So, please enjoy this reincarnation of The Hump Day Combo Meal, with a side of hip hop dippin' sauce...

Song(s) of the Moment 3/30/11

All of the Lights by Kanye West


Bright Lights, Bigger City by Cee Lo Green




If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment