Song of the Moment: 9/23

I'm going to crank out a couple more songs before the weekend, because I'll be gone this weekend but I still want everyone to have some great tunes to rock out to! So, this song hit the U.S. as a single this February, after coming out on its album in 2009. Most of the stuff this band puts out is fantastic. Well, this song got to me from the very beginning, the way it starts up with beautiful piano and the driving beat on the drums in such a great combination.
The novel 1984, by George Orwell, is one of my favorite books of all time, so when I heard the lyric mention the "thought police" I knew something was up. I looked it up, did some research, and now see how Muse did a fantastic job of creating meaningful lyrics, inspired from a book that is so dark. Yet, the focus of the song is on the strength of love to keep them out of the dark! Great stuff.

George Orwell would be proud of:

Song of the Moment 9/23
Resistance by Muse


No comments:

Post a Comment