Song of the Moment: 9/5/2010

I've been doing Song of the Moments for just over a year now. I've done a lot. In the future I'll post all the songs used in case anyone cares, and I'll make sure to explain how I pick what I pick.
Now before I give you my blog's first ever Song of the Moment I think I will explain why it began.

The summer of 2009 I was working a job for JMU Orientation and it will probably be the best job I'll have for some years. It was fantastic. With that job we had to use email and quickly contact people on a regular basis. So my Gmail was perfect, and it was up and running essentially 24/7 that summer (I still have that habit now because of that job). My Gchat status one day simply said "Working 9 to 5." Well, that day my friend John Nettles Gchats me and essentially says that I need to click this link to see the real definition of working 9 to 5. I clicked. It was a terrible Dolly Parton song. My ears bled.
The next day my status said "I wish it was the weekend." He then sent me another link, this time it was Working for the Weekend by Loverboy. I got a good laugh out of that one, and started to think about how easily music and YouTube videos can change a person's day or impact a person's life in a small way. After that I began to post songs, listing title and artist, as often as possible. I've kept that up, spreading it to my Facebook, Twitter, and now to my blog, ever since that day last summer.
So, some might explain the origins of my Song of the Moments is this: John Nettles.
I don't think I'll say that though, because that might just inflate his big dumb head.

So here for you now is:

Song of the Moment 9/5
Gold Lion by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

No comments:

Post a Comment