Christmas Eve

So it's the 24th of December again. Sweetness. I'm pumped. We always do cool stuff on Christmas Eve at my house that lots of other families don't. It's just become this giant night of traditions that we just started up as a family...and they're pretty awesome. So tonight will be filled with family, a dinner buffet, church, the Jefferson Hotel, Christmas lights, 1 present, left-over buffet food, then bed. I'm REALLY pumped.

Not only is today a great day, but the winter time is great as well. One of the main reasons for that is because people come back. In Richmond, it's a little lonely sometimes because lots of my friends work 9-5s, are in other cities, or are still in school.

Well, not right now they ain't! My brother and his girlfriend are coming from the MD/DC area, Cummings is back from school, Dreiling is back from school, Clint is back from NC, Rob came back from San Diego, my girlfriend came to visit last week, Erin is back from school, Chris is back from Haiti, Jithu might be visiting, I might even see Caitlin as well, and there are probably dozens more people that are around that I hope to see while they're home to visit! Then for New Year's Eve I get to get together with my old roommates/best friends/the girls & the guys and have a good time in New Jersey. Why are we going to Jersey you ask? Beats me. But regardless, I get to see my old gang who I haven't been together with, as a group, since graduation. Some of us will still be missing...but it could be worse. We'll definitely miss the ones that won't be there, and we know they'll miss us too. So, on this Christmas Eve, I'm just really thankful for this time of year for multiple reasons, The Reason for the Season...etc., but to keep it easy on you...I'm thankful that old friends are reunited and there is so much cheer and happiness in one of the coldest and dreariest months of the year. Thank you December.



If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment