Vids for the Kids: 12/9

I'll be really honest with you here...a lot of you have probably seen these videos. Then again I was surprised to find that a few friends of mine had not. So, if you haven't seen these, then you're in for a huge treat. If you like funny things, funny dancing, and Indian music...then you picked a good day to check this blog.

The first video for you is the amazing Benny Lava video. Some guy heard an Indian song, then decided to put English subtitles on it, not translating it, but simply putting what he thought it sounded like. It's genius. The subtitles are hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing after we heard what "Oliver" was planning to do. Not only that, but the video itself is ridiculous. Let's analyze seconds 23 to 30: He's pretty BA, but he's hot and needs to roll his coat sleeves up, now he's so hot he needs to begin taking his coat off, never mind...it's back on and needs the sleeves up again, wait...I guess it was off because he's putting his coat back on...and why the hell is it so foggy?! What is going on Benny Lava?! Is that even your real name?!
Well...regardless of his name, we only know that he made a great song with amazing fake subtitles.

The second video for you might not be as outright hilarious as the first one...unless you appreciate awesome dance moves. My siblings and I found this video several years ago, yet it continues to make me laugh. Just watch his dance moves, and his interactions with...himself? Imagine if So You Think You Can Dance, or some Dancing With Whatever Washed-Up, Barely-Even Celebs, Celebrities We Found Last Minute...imagine if one of those shows had a themed week based off his dance moves. Highest rating ever, if I do say so. Also, let's analyze the early stages of this video as well, knowing full well that I could REALLY have fun making fun of the graphics, the fact that he smiles while causing a devastating earthquake, or the random industrial warehouses he appears to be dancing in later in the video. For now we'll stick to seconds 17 to 30: Oh no! It appears as though Earth will be destroyed by 4, maybe 5, chunks of space crap! Wait never mind, they're just going to land in the Indian Ocean, oh wait...now they're all landing on ground..in Moscow? Weird. AH! Now a crazy man, with terrible dance moves, has burst forth from one of the space rocks! He appears to either be on fire, be made of fire, or he's a Phoenix. Either way...this video rules hard-core.

I hope you enjoy this double-decker serving of Indian culture...in a non-offensive way please.

Side note: Speaking of Indian culture...I recently discovered a picture in a yearbook, of my friend, Jithu, nursing an injured kitten back to health. Yet, as far as I knew, she was heartless and didn't like people, much less cats. So I sent her a picture text, calling her out for being nice even before I knew her. Her response was simple: "If you look closely, I'm actually CHOKING the kitten." And that's the Jithu I know and love. All is right with the world again.

On with the show...

Vids for the Kids 12/9

Benny Lava
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/15516853.jpg


Tunak Tunak Tan by Daler Mehndi



If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. The Tunak Tunak Tun video made my high school years. It's the greatest video ever. Benny Lava doesn't hold a candle to it.

    ReplyDelete