My Nicknames

Sorry for the hiatus my friends. It was only 3 days though! I'm back now.

One thing I thought about recently was the plethora of nicknames I have had over the years. Some have been inappropriate and will then not be directly mentioned/featured on this blog post, but they will be hinted at for your amusement. Yeah...these just randomly came to mind when I saw an old friend a few days ago and he called me by an old nickname that I haven't heard in a long time. Here for you now is a listing of my nicknames, some with a back story, some without. Deal with it. Use your imagination.

In my life I have been called:

-Mr. T (from the Conta side of the family)
-Ty
-T-Bird (From my Grandpa Conta)
-Conta (Not exactly a nickname)
-A slight change of the last name by only 1 vowel (and from that there are 5 nicknames branching off of that one)
-Con-Man
-T-Con (A personal favorite)
-Tubby (A personal least favorite)
-Tubblegum
-Tippecanoe (Given by 7th grade gym teacher and stuck)
-Tippie (Abbreviated from the name above)
-T-Y (High school and surprisingly given to me in college as well. My personal favorite)
-T-Y? (Must be said as a question. Volleyball guys)
-Tyco
-Ty-Guy
-T (Too easy, folks)
-Ty Baby (Given by Heidi)
-T-Dog (Didn't catch on with many)
-T-Man (Didn't catch on with many)
-T-Dizzle (Didn't catch on with anyone)
-T-Time
-Batman (From a variety of people)
-Mac (Based off my middle name)
-Cloudy (Based off my middle name)
-McLeody (Obviously based off my middle name)
-Captain (From a good old friend)
-Tyla (Not too hard to get to this one)
-TC (Initials, of course)
-T (Too easy)
-Taco (Given by the JMU O-Team 2k8 after our retreat. It began with Jithu screaming "TACO TACO!" during a name game where half of the room had no clue what our "language" meant, except they had heard me say "Taco" previously. So, her best bet was to simply shout "TACO TACO!" the instant she walked into our room. After that, and a short reflection about the importance of clear communication, the nickname stuck. It's another of my personal favorites.)

AMENDMENTS:
-Samson (Given as the name of a character I played in a terrible skit with some friends, while I wore an old man mask and called my friend "hot dog man.")
-Tywa (Given by my sister, who couldn't pronounce my name exactly right, while we shared a room as toddlers)
-Rock (Given by Jess, my loving cup of chicken noodle soup.)

As far as I can remember, those are nicknames that I currently have, or have had in the past. If you know of any that I forgot, or can think of any to add to it, please let me know by leaving a comment at www.tylerconta.blogspot.com ...well...that's all from me for today folks! Hope you enjoyed the history of the Tyler nicknames.


If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. You forgot one jerk... TYWA.. by me!!! I could have just yelled this to you through the wall but I decided to post since kids these days enjoy this kind of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might not have anything to do with your first name, but I think "Rock" deserves a place on the list.

    ReplyDelete