SotM: 12/11

Yesterday I decided not to do a Throwback Friday, and I'm glad I didn't do it. I don't feel like it still. I'll make you happy with some tune by The Police or Queen next week...how's that?

For now I'll appease you with a song by Arcade Fire. They recently put out an album in August, and I'll admit that I haven't listened to a lot of it. Yet, what I have heard I've really liked. One of my friends who is a fan of them and has good taste in music is Mike, and I thought about giving his DJ duo, Cocaine Mortgage, another shout out today. Mike and Danny know how to make a good time a GOOD time. They also have a blog going where they put out good songs on Fridays that are your weekend party songs. Last Friday they gave us a SICK good ole Kanye + Lupe track that got remixed. I'll be the first to say that Lupe Fiasco is a genius, as is Kanye West...no matter what a jerk Kanye is. Yesterday, Cocaine Mortgage gave us a remixed track by Penguin Prison...whoever that is...but the tune sure is impressive, they always pick good ones.
Click here to check out Cocaine Mortgage. So yeah...I figured I'd give those guys a shout out after I picked this song by Arcade Fire and remember my best friend Alicia and also Mike talking about them recently, after Lollapalooza 2010.

On with the show...Arcade Fire put out this album in August, they've released a few singles from it, this one being the most recent. The video/audio I've got posted for you today is great...but it's not the studio/album audio. I kind of like this one a little better, but I'll admit it's a little harder to hear the lyrics. If you want, just go find the album one somewhere like Grooveshark or YouTube. But here for you now is this blog's first ever Song of the Moment by Arcade Fire, with possibly more to come from this great band! Enjoy!

Song of the Moment 12/11
Ready to Start by Arcade Fire






If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment