The "If" Book

http://cd.pbsstatic.com/xl/57/5357/9780679445357.jpg

Whenever I want to relax, unwind, destress, or pass the time...I've started reading again. I love books. My favorites are Lord of the Flies, Grendel (NOT Beowulf), Animal Farm, 1984, I Heard You Paint Houses, The Picture of Dorian Gray, and a few other ones. Yes, I know, they're mostly darker books that are stereotypical "guy" books. But I don't care. I really enjoy them. They take my often cynical thoughts and make me question them, change them, and challenge them by making me realize there is much more hope and optimism in the world than I often times think. Well, a few examples of my other favorite books are Life of Pi, BELIEVE (about Desmond Tutu), and The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Those are all "cheery and happy" books...so there...I'm not as bad as some might think.

And recently, I've started flipping through the pages of another book I recently received as a gift from my lovely girlfriend. It's called the If Book. "If... (Questions for the Game of Life)" is the title of it. It asks you questions, questions that aren't typically asked, and makes you think about them and answer them. Some are silly, goofy, weird, and some are actually quite thought provoking. Here are a few of the questions...feel free to comment and reply with your answers if you'd like!


If you could solve one unsolved crime, which would you solve?

If you could choose the music at your own funeral, what would it be, and who would play it?

If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do?

If you could visit only one more place in the world that you have never been, where would you go for this final voyage?

If you could only say one word to Adolf Hitler, what would it be?

If you had to sell your soul for one thing, what would it be?

If you could throw a party in any existing interior space in the world, where would you have it?

If you had to eliminate one odor from the earth, what would it be?


So there you have it. Some of the great questions inside of this great book. I've had a lot of fun flipping through it occasionally. Sometimes, I only answer a question or two before I put it down again, because sometimes you can truly spend a lot of time and thought on a single question. Alright then. I hope you all enjoyed the questions and had fun thinking of your answers! The only one from above that I can't answer is the Hitler question. I feel like one word just isn't enough. Anyways...have a good night!


If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment