My Toys

Recently, I've been trying my best to start collecting as much gear as I can. I want to try to have a good amount of decent video, audio, photo, lighting, video/photo editing, and special effects gear. So, here is a fun list I compiled of all my toys in my collection, with hopefully more stuff to come...which I could really use your help/advice on, if you can give any!

What I gots:

Camera/Video + Gear:
Canon 550d Rebel T2i (18megapixels & films in 1080i HD video)
18-55mm zoom lens
75-300mm zoom lens
8gb class 6 SDHC memory card
16gb class 10 SDHC memory card
2 Canon LP-E8 batteries
Polarized filter
UV filter
2 lens cleaner kits
Canon carrying bag
Kalimar Tripod
(I got creative) 1 or 2 ankle weights that, when attached to the closed tripod, make a great flopod
Small round lens hood

Editing/Creating:
Final Cut Pro 7
Color
Motion 4
Compressor
DVD Studio Pro
Soundtrack Pro
PluralEyes
Celtx
The good ole iMovie/iDVD/iPhoto/Garageband combo of course
My trusty old Mac Book Pro OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard
500gb WD internal hard drive
500gb WD external drive
250gb some random company external drive
Adobe Illustrator CS5
Adobe InDesign CS5
Adobe Photoshop CS5

Audio:
Zoom H4n (version 1.60)
1gb SD card
windscreen
Mic clip adapter
(I got creative again) Converted an old black Igloo lunchbox into a carrying case with compartments
I borrow a friend's Zoom H2 as well, when needed
And, as mentioned before: Garageband, PluralEyes, and Soundtrack Pro
Crappy mono handheld mic
Crappy lapel mic that I'm not even sure works

Coming soon:
Flower lens hood for the 550d (in the mail)

With these items, I want to buy them in the near future. I've been doing lots of eBay and Amazon searching, as well as reading customer reports...but I could use some help and recommendations if you've got any:
Camera flash (any suggestions?!)
LED Video light that mounts on the hot shoe/side bracket (at least 64 LEDs; temp: 5500K.)
Light Kit (Trying to keep it standard/simple and as cheap as possible with 2-4 lights. Recommendations?)
Green screen and stand (at least 10x20ft. Not vital, but would be useful! Recommendations?)
Tripod (this tripod isn't great, so I'd like a new one hopefully, but nothing too expensive. Suggestions?)
Mini tripod (to use for table top shots, propping up the Zoom H4n on tables. Advice?)
Decent smoothcam/steadicam rig for DSLRs (I have no clue where to look!)


If you would like to leave me recommendations or comments: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment