SotM: 1/25/11

Today was a good day. I didn't have to work or stress because at the moment all my video work is done. Now, I play the waiting game to figure out if I get hired or not, and I wait to see if I get any more calls for more work. I also spent a while today planning a bunch of great blog posts coming up. Once I begin, which will hopefully be tomorrow, it will be several days straight of awesomeness. The posts will all be a kind of tribute/shout-out to my friends in one way or another. We'll start off with stories of my friends, and eventually it will turn into posts about cool things some of my other friends have been up to lately, including music and videos. I think you'll enjoy this stuff! But for now to appease you, I give you a FANTASTIC song.

I love this song. I love this girl's style. I heard this song forever ago and I couldn't figure out who it was or what the song was. Well today, some of the words came back to me, I Googled them and BAM! You've got yourself a Song of the Moment, my friends!

This song comes from a lady named Laura Veirs, who comes to you out of Oregon with a college degree in Mandarin and Geology apparently. Well...I'm pretty glad she's not in China studying rocks, but instead she's here making great music. In January of last year, she put out her most recent studio album, Judy Flame. From this album comes this song. I hope you all enjoy the tune as much as I do. It's a great style of music...kind of folksy and Americana-ish, yet also quite somber and dark in some way. I'm a big fan. Now please enjoy...

Song of the Moment 1/25/11
Wide Eyed, Legless by Laura Veirs






If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment