Alabama, Arkansas, I do love me that cole slaw!

If you understood the reference made in the title of this post...BONUS POINTS. If you don't, then please refer to what has possibly been the most popular Song of the Moment with the fans: here. It was used back in early August, so that's the Pre-Blogging period. We're currently in the Blogging Period, getting ready to progress into the Triassic Period next. I can't wait!

Except, this post isn't about music. It's about food...in Alabama. Yes. 'Bama. I love BBQ, and that's what this post is about.

I was helping Heidi, one of my best friends, a girl from the Safe Harbor, move down to Florida for Navy stuff. At the time I didn't have a job so I figured: Free trip to Florida?! Sure!
Well, on the drive down we stopped a few times to see some good friends like Christian and Hollee in NC, Chaney in GA, and then we were on our way......until Montgomery, AL. Heidi and I got there, used her GPS to try to find a place to eat. Well, let's just say the capital of Alabama wasn't exactly what we expected. Half the places we went to were either super ghetto or closed down. Eventually, we stumbled upon greatness: Dreamland BBQ.



That right there is where we ate. Great location, great atmosphere, great food. The walls were filled with old signs, paintings, and photos of the 1950's, including things regarding the original owner and his family. So we sat down at a high table, ordered a drink, then looked at the menu. It's a BBQ joint, so everything looks good to me, and you never really know what to order until the last second (especially if you're Heidi). To me, a BBQ place is great if they an pull off the seemingly simple pulled pork BBQ sandwich. I ordered, with a side of fries, and Heidi got the same with a side of mac-n-cheese. The food arrived, with BBQ sauce on the side, and I was in heaven. Let me be clear: Dreamland BBQ literally has the BEST barbeque sauce I have ever tasted. It's rumored that it has a little bit of moonshine in it. I put it on my sandwich, dipped my fries in it, and worse...it was so good I literally used my finger to lick up the last drops when I was done. Not only that, but the fries were great. They were a really unique thin and crispy cut, very unusual for southern food and BBQ places especially, that usually stick to thick fries. I also sampled a bite of Heidi's mac-n-cheese, and it was so good that we both ordered another side of it after our meal. It was a strange sort of dessert, but it was delicious!

So...I hope I'm getting my point across here: while I assume most of my readers are not from Alabama...if you ever go near there (there's even 2 locations in Georgia), please don't miss out! One of the best meals I've ever had in my ENTIRE life. Literally.

With my ranking system that I am just now making up on the spot...I give Dreamland BBQ a ranking (based on presentation, taste, atmosphere/environment, more taste, and originality) of....

4 out of 5 Sporks. Way to go Dreamland BBQ.
http://akbari694.persiangig.com/0/Spork.jpg



If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment