SotM: 11/6

So, as I recently said...I love Lupe Fiasco's music. I think he's a genius. He's my favorite rapper. If he really truly only puts out this 3rd and last album, called LASERS, then I might cry. I also recently said that I think certain rappers are lame. They're jokes. They appear to have no purpose in life other than making money and gaining possessions. If that is true about any person then they're just a giant vacuum. They just suck stuff up and if they ever give anything back, it just comes out a giant mess that we don't really need. Evidence: lots of terrible rap songs.

Yet, if you listen to Lupe, read his lyrics, listen to him for real, you see something different. I see an artist with a purpose, a goal, and a persona that sets him apart from the rest. He rises above because of that. I think he creates fantastic music, and he's also a legitimately good person who is a good role model for other people, and kids, who are growing up and living in places like he used to.

His upcoming album, LASERS, has been anticipated to drop since 2009. Yet, the fans still wait. So, from time to time Lupe gives us a little taste with a new song, a sample, or now...he finally released the first official single from his new album a week ago. I hope you all enjoy Lupe's music, this song, the sweet Modest Mouse sample on this tune, and the purpose and meaning behind his words in...

Song of the Moment 11/6
The Show Goes On by Lupe Fiasco





If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment