Song of the Moment: 11/23

Ok...so I haven't really been blogging very much the past week. I apologize for that. That's because I've been out of town, doing things, going places, eating brunch with Emily Wilson, etc. Well...I missed a few Word Vomit traditions/staples while I've been oot and aboot. I missed Wednesday's Hump Day Combo Meal of music, and I also missed everyone's favorite alliterative music mess: Throwback Friday! So, I decided to combine the 2 and give you the first ever....

Frinesday's Humping Combos for Throwback Music!

I'll work on the name some more later...but Combos will stay...everyone LOVES the pizza flavored Combos! (And they're perfect for humping)

Ok...a month ago I gave you a little treat which was a 2-for-1 Throwback Friday featuring Phil Collins and George Harrison. I know you're thinking, "Hey...isn't what you're getting ready to blog right now the same as a 2-for-1 Throwback Friday?!" My response to that is, "Yes....but don't tell anyone because everyone has REALLY been looking forward to Humping Combos for Throwback Music on Frinesday!"
Alrighty then....aaaaaaanyways...a friend of mine really enjoyed that blog post and mentioned they had no clue how good George Harrison was. I felt good knowing that on that day I enlightened someone to the greatness of Harrison, who was my favorite Beatle. He was the first and last ex-Beatle to have a number 1 hit on the charts. He was incredibly talented in so many ways, musically. He was a great writer, a great performer, a great composer, a great musician! So I thought maybe I should lay some more Geroge Harrison tracks on you folks!

1) Here is one of my favorite songs of The Beatles, written by George Harrison, off the White Album, and features the great Eric Clapton on the guitar.
2) This is a song from a super-group that seems to have since been forgotten. The Traveling Wilburys included Harrison, Roy Orbison, and Bob Dylan. This here was one of their first songs ever.
3) This is a song off of Harrison's 1974 album which shares the same name as the song. This song was recorded while he had laryngitis and is often jokingly called "Dark Hoarse."


So...that's that for today. Don't be surprised if you see more George Harrison come your way in the future. He's kind of amazing and all...so I'll probably use his tunes at some point. Well...for now please enjoy Frinesday's whatever I called this crap again...

Song(s) of the Moment 11/23

While My Guitar Gently Weeps by The Beatles


Handle With Care by The Traveling Wilburys


Dark Horse by George Harrison




If you wish to leave comments or check out older posts: www.tylerconta.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment