SotM: 10/29

I got things to do today, so I'll keep it brief.

Lupe Fiasco is my favorite rapper. I think he's a genius. Listen to his words. Listen to his flow, his beats, his soul in the music. He's definitely a genius. Sadly, the record label has (supposedly) sort of been screwing with him (just to make money off of him) so there are rumors his upcoming album (to be released in March 2011) will be his last. I'll cry if that's true. I saw him live and he opened for Kanye West/Rihanna/N.E.R.D. ...let's just say Lupe is WAY too good to be the opening act there. Regardless, he put on a great show with some "Go Go Gadget Flow", "Hip Hop Saved My Life", "Superstar", "Daydreamin", "Kick Push", and tons more. If you don't know these songs...GO LOOK THEM UP!

For today, I got for you a great track by Lupe, supposedly it will be on his upcoming album, LASERS. You know...this track didn't really grab me the first time...but it grew on me. So give it a shot and let me know what you think of...

Song of the Moment 10/29
I'm Beamin by Lupe Fiasco


http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/gowhere-hip-hop/assets_c/2010/01/im-beamin-thumb-525x525-57322.jpg


___________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment