Beautiful Fall

A few days ago I posed about my dislike for Fall. While I didn't think it was that harsh, my friend Jamie let me know how much she disliked me and my post. Well...I still stand by my opinion of raking leaves and falling acorns (as multiple ones continue to loudly hit my roof and freak me out). Yet, I have to admit...I kind of like Fall.

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE.

Don't get the wrong idea and assume that I'm going soft, or that I'll take back what I say because a friend called me out. Instead, just know that ever since she called me out, I've realized sometimes it's just as much fun to be a cynic as it is to be filled with....something other than cynicism.

So...here's what you all should do:
NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE, ENJOY THE CHANGING LEAVES WITH A WINDOWS-DOWN-CRUISE-ON-THE-BACK-ROADS DRIVE.

One of my all-time favorite memories of college was after having a bad day, going to Brittany and telling her I needed to get out and clear my mind. We got in my car, she blasted the tunes, we put the windows down, and cruised down Route 33 West from Harrisonburg, VA. We drove past Blue Hole, kept going until we didn't know where we were, and noticed the trees began to grow over the road now. There were beautiful colors, you could smell Fall in the air, the light barely broke through the tree coverage to sparkle on the road, and I felt fantastic. If you're in Harrisonburg...you NEED to make that drive. Just drive until you feel like turning back...then go a little further...THEN turn around. It's liberating and cleansing and you get to see the beauty that's in nature with fresh eyes.

-We should never take for granted the glories that surround us every day, simply because we are surrounded by them every day. Try looking at it again, perhaps in a different way, on a different day, or with a new friend along for the ride. Then, hopefully, you'll see true beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment