SOTM: 10/4

Ever need music to wake up? Sometimes I do. Yet, if you're like me, it has to be a good balance. If it's too slow (Coldplay, Simon & Garfunkel, etc) you stay in bed. If it's too upbeat (techno, Jackson 5, etc) then you get really annoyed and stay in bed until the things you've been throwing at your stereo finally shut it up.

To me the perfect balance are some of those bands: Kings of Leon, Carbon Leaf, Sequoyah Prep School, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Guster, and Cee Lo.

Well, to add to that list is today's Song of the Moment. It comes from a US rock band who put out this album in 2008, and had this great song off of it. It has a great combination of acoustic and strings, with electric, a steady calming voice to start, with some loud tenor vocals. It's great stuff that is on my short list of songs allowed to get me out of bed.

I hope that you can find it easier to roll out of bed with:

Song of the Moment 10/4
Old Enough by The Raconteurs


No comments:

Post a Comment