SOTM: 10/24

Sorry this is arriving so late in the day...but I promise to make up for it. (Wink!)

Recently, I saw the video for this song and thought it was kind of weird, but it's a great song. I heard the song recently on the indie radio station I sometimes listen to too, and that just reinforced the need to make this a Song of the Moment. This tune comes from a relatively new band, formed in 2006, in New York. They gathered a surprising amount of attention within their first year, even opening for Tokyo Police Club on tour! Today's song is a recent single of theirs, from their 2010 album titled The Orchard. This song here is a great track that I also think does a great job of incorporating the cello and violins, which I fell in love with the first time I heard the song. I've always liked classical music and classical instruments and am always suckered in when a band effectively uses those types of instruments in their stuff. Ra Ra Riot succeeds in that way for sure! Now enjoy!

Song of the Moment 10/24
Boy by Ra Ra Riot


http://pulseworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ra-ra-riot-boy.jpg


____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment